PyJdbc is an open source Python DB driver released under GNU General Public License GPL.
Pyjdbc also contains a Zope Database Adapter
OS independent, written in python and Java, allows CPython programmers to use existing Java JDBC drivers to connect to database servers. The driver implements the Python DB API as defined in PEP 249: Python database API Specification v2.0.
Pyjdbc components are:
- The PyJdbc python db module that talks with the IcePy engine;
- The Pyjdbc java server, that stands on the other side of the internet cloud. It uses IceJ engine to talk with the client and jdbc drivers to talk to the database server. Basically it is a thin wrapper around jdbc classes.
The magic box that lies between the two components is ICE : a very nice communication middleware.
- CPython programs can now use JDBC drivers;
- Allows Zope to use Jdbc drivers;
- Python DB clients only need one DB driver to connect with nearly all database servers.
We are a Freelance Developer and a Project Manager with vocation for the open source world.
To get more information visit the Credra website
To download PyJdbc, for news, bug reports, and everything else please visit the SF project page